Cyanoacrylate Adhesives – short CA – are also known as super glues. Cyanoacrylates are well established in the modern adhesive industry.
The most important properties of Cyanoacrylate adhesives are:
- One component adhesives and therefore easy to handle
- Systems, solvent free
- Very fast setting time
At first glance Cyanoacrylate adhesives seem to be relatively expensive compared to other adhesive systems. We hope to make you aware that Cyanoacrylate adhesives quite often help to rationalize the production process. In comparison to most other adhesives, you must remember that just a few drops are usually enough to reach satisfying strength properties. Compared to other adhesive 1gm of Cyanoacrylate adhesive contains approximately 80 drops.
Where to Use Cyanoacrylates
It is very difficult to say where exactly Cyanoacrylate adhesives are used as you will find them almost everywhere in industry.
Electronics and the fine mechanical industries make use of them in serial production processes. They are also required as single-use products of medical equipment and for measuring and control devices. Cyanoacrylate adhesives are found in the plastic and rubber industries and are also used in the production of watches and various optical products.
The very good properties of Cyanoacrylate adhesives have also been recognized in other industries such as in metal and tool fabrication and as an electrode adhesive in locksmith’s shops. They are suitable for bonding rubber profiles and O-rings or extremely stressed rubber/metal joints in the construction of machines and instruments as well as in the automobile, automobile-sub-supplier, ship, and aero industry.
Needing anything else? We compromise to reply you ASAP.
Economical Rationalization by Use of Cyanoacrylates
- Cyanoacrylate adhesives are one component systems, an expensive mixing process is not required;
- Cyanoacrylate adhesives react within seconds without using any other energy such as heat, pressure etc.
- Cyanoacrylates are solvent-free which means (besides certain environmental aspects) that the glue is made up of 100% adhesive (solvent glues consist of up to 80% solvents that cannot be used for bonding)
- Cyanoacrylates compared to adhesives of 2 components are very low in viscosity (liquid) and therefore very yielding, the fixed parts can be used immediately after bonding and stop over can be reduced
- Different materials can be put together very quickly and accurately
- Fluorescent or colored Cyanoacrylates can be optically distinguished
- LCyanoacrylate adhesives can also be used as fixing aids in production and help to save time; final assembly by using Cyanoacrylates may even be the preferred method
- By using a thixotropic Cyanoacrylate adhesive vertical applications can be accomplished successfully, because the adhesive does not run and stays exactly where it is put
- Cyanoacrylates can be applied easily and economically with the help of dosing equipment
- The use of doing equipment as an option is relatively cheap and energy-efficient
- Cyanoacrylate adhesives can also be used as repairing adhesives and can help to avoid rejects (for instance when using rubber molded components)